REDUCED July and August holiday dates available at Vanilla Cottage
Find Usk Vacation Rentals on FlipKey
A delicious gem of a stone built 19th century cottage sleeping 3 near to Usk, Monmouthshire. One of a pair dating from the late 1800s surrounded by fields, golf course and riverbank it has been totally refurbished and awarded the coveted five star grading by Visit Wales - but much original style and charm has been retained.
Scroll down below the photos for details of the accommodation .
|Master Bedroom with five foot bed, Egyptian cottons, proper towels and robes , TV/radio,DVD and clock radio with ipod dock. Usually blue but red and sparkles for Christmas!|
|Single Bedroom -small but very comfortable|
|Delivering the fresh real Christmas tree for the cottage and for contrast the terrace in hot sun for the Royal Jubilee 2012!|
|Sitting Room with squishy leather suite ( a two seater sofa, a matching armchair and a large soft footstool) , decent sized flatscreen satellite TV, and cosy woodburner shown here with Christmas tree and waiting for guests late on a winters afternoon|
|Well equipped shiny new kitchen (Dec '11) and bright dining area ready for arriving spring guests|
|Bathroom with whirlpool showerbath & a winter window ledge|
|Summer lunch amidst roses on the lavender terrace the lavender comes in to fragrance the linens|
|Excellent local walking from our doorstep in the Vale of Usk , these pics are from very close to the cottage in summer and also in February with snowcapped peaks a few minutes away by car|
|the slate namesign|
Perhaps due to the styling and position of the cottage Vanilla has become a popular choice for honeymoons, anniversaries and busy professional couples wanting to recharge and relax.
Vanilla adjoins two golf courses. In an elevated position above the banks of the River Usk, we can arrange trout fishing (River Usk) and Salmon fishing (River Wye) in season.
Right on the Usk Valley Walk with riverbank stretches with excellent wildlife including otters, herons, buzzards and more...The National Cycle Route no. 42 passes within yards and cycle paths number 30 and 31 are nearby.
There is an excellent country pub with great food in walking distance along the lane and a wide choice of good restaurants and pubs,from those with Michelin starred TV Chefs to a simple chippie within three miles. Several are pet friendly. We have a hairdresser and a beautician who will provide pampering at the cottage. No need to stir! We can even offer a champagne welcome on request.
- Easy access to M4, M48, M5, M50,A40 and A449
- Quiet location
- A wealth of sightseeing close by
- 19th Century character stone cottage with many original features, but totally refurbished to a 5 star standard.
- 1 double bedroom with king-sized (5ft) bed
- 1 single bedroom ( 3ft bed)
- Fully fitted kitchen with comprehensive equipment
- Sparkling bathroom with whirlpool and shower over, smart rectangular basin, shaver socket, towel rail radiator and bright lighting
- Dishwasher, double oven with grill. electric hob, washing machine, drier, kettle, toaster ,microwave etc
- Fenced and Gated garden, well behaved pet welcome
- 32" Flatscreen LCD TV Sky TV(Family package)DVD,
- Sitting room with two seater sofa, armchair, soft footstool, hard floor and rug, Woodburner, windows on two sides.
- 2nd TV with DVD player in the main bedroom
- Radio Alarm with ipod dock
- CD/ Radio HiFi second ipod dock
- Cosy wood burner
- Freshly-laundered Egyptian cotton bed linen included
- Low allergy fluffy duvets , mattres toppers ,and pillow covers
- Cotton robes and bath towels
- Patchwork quilts
- Barbecue and elegant patio furniture
- Off - road car parking space
- WiFi Internet Access available and landline telephone available at extra charge. (Most mobiles work OK at the cottage but some do not)
The sitting room is flagged, with cosy woodburner plus a comfortable mixture of real antique and brand new furniture. Cards, games, small library of books DVDS and maps are also available to borrow.
The fully fitted bright kitchen with dining area has comprehensive equipment - oven, hob, microwave, freezer, fridge, washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher and plenty of crockery, cookware and cutlery.
Up twisting stairs find a romantic double bedroom (sleeps 2) with five foot bed and fluffy quilts plus a pretty single room (sleeps 1), both with countryside views and sloping ceilings. A sparkling bathroom with WC, basin, electric shower over bath and shaver point.
The gated garden with sun-trap terrace and lavender hedge has been planted with hundreds of spring bulbs, many more fragrant and traditional plants and two dozen unusual old style roses.
Our views are to our own pretty garden and to the golf course. We are above the river on the high bank but due to trees can only glimpse the water- however riverbank walks are right there! The cottage is one of a pair of cottages ( we are semi detached ), the other is lived in by a quiet family with hens and a cat- who are friendly if you want them to be but will not intrude unless asked.Next nearest buildings are the pub approx 300 yards and a farm approx 600 yards
Assistance dogs and other well behaved dogs (maximum 2) are welcomed.
Please contact us for advice on the suitability of the cottage for your holiday if you have problems with negotiating steep stairs inside and steps outside, or have limited mobility. Click here for our access statement
Sorry, but due to the stairs ,we do not accept children under age 4, except non crawling babes in arms.We are not child unfriendly- this rule is in fact because we want to keep little people safe. Toddlers will be better off at our Tintern Abbey Cottage.
Anyone very tall please note that although we have no low beams our old cottage doorways are lower than in newer houses. The doorway from the hall to the sitting rom is 5ft 9" or 173 cms high,
Door to Kitchen is 5ft 11" or 180.5cms, the three upstairs doors ( bedrooms, bathroom ) and the door on the staircase are all 5ft 11.5 " or 181.5cms. As our sign says, Duck or Grouse!